Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Coffee v.s Energy Drinks: What can fuel your workout

It can be helpful to have a little boost before you hit the weights or treadmill. I have often noticed that my jogs can be a little lag when I don't have any caffeine in me. I do not like to eat before I run, although some people do recommend that, I feel much better when I run early in the morning, pre-breakfast. If I do jog later in the day, I make sure I haven't eaten for at least 2-3 hours.

I have tried my workouts after drinking all three of these (at different times). I can review the products, and share with you what worked best for me.

Coffee
1 cup
Calories: 5
Pricing: About $10 a pound if you make it at home. Which comes out to about $1 a cup.
I highly suggest you invest in a coffee maker if you will drink coffee more than twice a week. When I use coffee pre- jogging or running, I brew my coffee early in the morning, around 7 AM. I wait about 15 minutes before I begin. I usually drink about 8-12 ounces, black. My favorite coffees are any fair trade brands, and I like organic as well, but it is much more money than non organic. The decaf would defeat the whole purpose, the caffeine is what can help the work out. I find that it can be helpful, some days more than others.


Celsius
12 ounces
Calories: 10
Cost: $7 for a 4 pack
My flavor of choice is Raspberry Acai. But there are many other flavors available. They also have great customer service. I first tried this energy drink about 2 years ago after buying a large pack at Costco. It helped me in my runs, and felt like it gave me the extra boost that I needed. It is sugar free, and loaded with b vitamins. I like this as pre-work out beverage. (Not recommended for people who are caffeine sensitive).
 

5 Hour Energy
1.93 oz

Calories: 4
Cost: $4.99 for a 2 pack
Flavor I used: Pomegranate. I do not like the taste of this. There are many warnings on the bottle, so do check with your physician before you use this product. With b vitamins, caffeine, and other  blends, this is a shot of energy. It did help with my workout, and it kept me energized all day. It even took me longer than usual to fall asleep at night, so beware if you are sensitive to caffeine. I would not use this product more than once a week, if that. Ideally maybe once or twice a month, prior to a big work out. For me a big workout is a 5K run or a fast 2 mile run.


I do not use coffee, or energy drinks to fuel walking, or palates. An extra boost is always helpful, and the most natural is coffee. Make sure to read all labels, and check with a doctor if necessary.

7 comments:

  1. One of dumbest movies I've seen in recent time.Whole story makes no sense at all. If Wydens just wanted to escape what for did they turn on radio transmitter and attract everybody to their location? Wouldn't it be much easier to just quietly sit in helicopter in the very beginning and fly away? click automaketing help online s 2018 blogmaketing help login here free read more shopify facebook chatbox here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read more your posts. They are useful. Thanks a million. Would you mind uploading more posts? I apply your advice on daily situations. They help me so much. app email with love emailwithlovefree

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the best to share us about this redesign. Trust you won't get tired on making posts as useful as this currency converter box here
    currency converter online

    ReplyDelete
  4. The large space will make noise noise, making the cafe become noisy hard to create the standard space to listen to music for customers. Therefore, you need to choose the right way to install the cafe sound system to overcome this situation, bring better sound quality.
    Gái gọi Đình Thôn, gái gọi Xuân Thủy, gái gọi Thanh Xuân, Gái gọi Kim Mã, Gái gọi Trần Duy Hưng

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a liking for your articles.I want to enjoy more and more about your writing. I can branch out with new knowledge. Good luck!
    shipping bar shopify, Shipping Bar for Shopify, best autoketing app

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work.jogos friv gratis 2019
    Jogos 2019
    jogos friv

    ReplyDelete