Monday, April 27, 2015

Energy Drinks to Fuel Your Workout

It can be helpful to have a little boost before you hit the weights or treadmill. I have often noticed that my jogs can be a little lag when I don't have any caffeine in me. I do not like to eat before I run. I feel much better when I run early in the morning, before breakfast. If I do jog later in the day, I make sure I haven't eaten for at least 2-3 hours. This is the most "natural" energy drink.

I have tried my workouts after drinking all three of these (at different times). I can review the products, and share with you what worked best for me.



Coffee
1 cup (10 oz)
Calories: 5
Pricing: About $10 a pound if you make it at home. Which comes out to about $1 a cup.
I highly suggest you invest in a coffee maker if you will drink coffee more than twice a week. When I use coffee pre- jogging or running, I brew my coffee early in the morning, around 7 AM. I wait about 15 minutes before I begin. I usually drink about 8-12 ounces, black. My favorite coffees are any fair trade brands, and I like organic as well, but it is much more money than non organic. The decaf would defeat the whole purpose, the caffeine is what can help the work out. I find that it can be helpful, some days more than others.


energy drinks

Celsius
12 ounces
Calories: 10
Cost:  Around $7 for a 4 pack (prices vary, try Amazon)
My flavor of choice is Raspberry Acai. But there are many other flavors available. They also have great customer service. I first tried this energy drink about 2 years ago after buying a large pack at Costco. It helped me in my runs, and felt like it gave me the extra boost that I needed. It is sugar free, and loaded with b vitamins. I like this as pre-work out beverage. (Not recommended for people who are caffeine sensitive).



5 Hour Energy
1.93 oz
Calories: 4
Cost: $4.99 for a 2 pack
Flavor I used: Pomegranate. I do not like the taste of this. There are many warnings on the bottle, so do check with your physician before you use this product. With b vitamins, caffeine, and other  blends, this is a shot of energy. It did help with my workout, and it kept me energized all day. It even took me longer than usual to fall asleep at night, so beware if you are sensitive to caffeine. I would not use this product more than once a week, if that. Ideally maybe once or twice a month, prior to a big work out. For me a big workout is a 5K run or a fast 2 mile run.


I do not use coffee, or energy drinks to fuel walking, or pilates.

 Make sure to read all labels, and check with a doctor if necessary.

Comments are welcome! 

4 comments:

  1. thank you a ton for sharing your knowledge!This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! I know that you explain it in very good manner.
    facebook live chat help facebook chat login best autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  2. food games online
    basketball game
    soccer free games
    thank you a ton for sharing your knowledge!This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! I know that you explain it in very good manner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I have spare time, I often read your posts.Those are what I want to know.I'm thankful if you can upload more posts later. Thanks for your sharing
    miniclip motorbike games, play free a10 game, Friv Jogos

    ReplyDelete
  4. its an incredible joy perusing your post.Its brimming with data I am searching for and I want to post a remark that "The substance of your post is magnificent" Great work.
    jogo io jogar
    frivgame 2019
    2player games for kids

    ReplyDelete