Friday, March 5, 2010

Benefits of Cranberry Juice

Cranberries (Vaccinium macrocarpon) have multiple health benefits. One most commonly known is for the prevention or cure of urinary tract infections. But it doesn't stop there.

The tart flavor of cranberries is also used in stimulating taste buds in people with a loss of appetite.

Research has also shown that cranberries may also prevent plaque from developing on teeth and gum disease.

Cranberries are loaded with antioxidants and may thus help prevent cancer, heart disease, and stroke. Cranberry may also inhibit the growth of urinary tract bacteria that have been implicated in the cause of rheumatoid arthritis.

Recent studies show that cranberry juice may help it weight loss, and reduce bloating, because it is a diuretic.


The Juice:

Buy 100% cranberry juice to reap the full benefit. It is very strong, so you can dilute it; half water, half juice.


Homemade Cranberry Sauce (It's not just for Thanksgiving)

Ingredients:
4 cups fresh cranberries
3/4 cup apple juice
2 ripe pears
1 cup raisins (optional)
1 teaspoon stevia (all natural sweetener)

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a medium size saucepan, bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Chill sauce completely before serving.



Source: "Solve it with Supplements" Robert A. Schulman, MD 2007




6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the post.. I discovered your online journal utilizing msn.really very nice and knowledgeable blog. Some genuinely interesting info , well written and loosely user pleasant.
    Shipping Bar for Shopify shipping bar shopify autoketing app

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you deserve compliments for your posts.I apply your advice on daily situations. I wait for new articles. They have lots of knowledge and tips.
    Cars Thief 2 Tank Edition Wings.io BATTLE GEAR 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to express my gratitude to you.I hope you welcome comments because I must say that I like your posts so much.I wait for them and always support you.
    Kick The Buddy online game online game Def Island online game Real Flight Simulator

    ReplyDelete
  4. food games
    basketball games online
    soccer games free
    I really want to express my gratitude to you.I hope you welcome comments because I must say that I like your posts so much.I wait for them and always support you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. io jogos net
    friv 4 school
    2player games online
    Such a very useful article. Really i appreciate the effort you made to share the knowledge. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frenzy Pizza games free
    play Stickman Golf games
    Ipl Cricket Ultimate games online
    Great post I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this interesting and knowledgeable article.

    ReplyDelete